Chattanooga PresSsion™ Intermittent Pneumatic Compression (IPC) Pump: 651-4. The simple, effective way to relieve swelling caused by lymphedema The Chattanooga PresSsion lymphedema pump has been redesigned to provide sequential pneumatic compression, helping to reduce limb swelling as part of an effective edema management plan.
The PresSsion Lymphedema Pump Features: Sequential compression is a proven treatment to reduce edema, resulting in improved patient comfort, mobility, and activity levels 1. In the clinic and at home, PresSsion effectively treats edema in the arms and legs with gentle, gradient pressure that removes fluid trapped beneath the skin with massage-like therapy. Lymphedema Has Met Its Match Lymphedema causes painful swelling; when the body cannot effectively process and transport the lymphatic fluid through lymph vessels, high-protein fluid can collect just below the skin. That swelling can cause the body to react with additional swelling and inflammation. Left untreated, the swelling can cause scar tissue (fibrosis), decreased circulation, difficult and painful movement, and increased risk of infection.
The PresSsion™ 651-4 Intermittent Pneumatic Compression (IPC) Pump is used to treat chronic lymphatic and venous disorders of the lower extremities and chronic lymphatic disorders of the upper extremities. See tabs for more information.
Note: Click to view Venture Medicals’ Complete Catalog of Physical Therapy Equipment.
- Easy-to-read LCD screen that allows the user to see real-time pressure in each individual chamber
- Convenient digital controls, built-in timer feature for easy therapy time control
- Automatic shut-off and emergency stop feature for maximum user safety assurance
- Vacuum mechanism evacuates air from the garments upon shut-off of the system allowing for greater ease in the applying and taking off the garments
- Quick-release hose connectors allow for easy removal of the garments for cleaning as needed
- Wide variety of garment sizes, with convenient ringed zipper pull
- Suggested HCPCS code E0651
- Three-year pump warranty
- Dimension: 10” (W) x 9.5” (D) x 4.5” (H)
- Weight: 5.5 lbs
- Inflation Cycle: 60 seconds
- Rest Time: 12 seconds
- Cycle Time: 15 seconds / chamber End Therapy
- Vacuum Time: 180 seconds
- Treatment Time: 0.5 – 3 Hours
- Pressure Range: 20 – 80 mmHg
- Sleeve Prefill: To 10 mmHg
- Gradient: 7%; example 3 mmHg at 50 mmHg
- Distal Pressure Electrical: 120VAC, 60Hz, 45 VA maximum
- Fuse Rated: 250VAC, 1.0 AMP, SLO-BLO
- Protection Against Electric Shock: Class II
- Operation Mode: Intermittent Gradient Sequential