ADC Bariatric Adcuff™ Bariatric Sphyg Cuff: 845-12BXBD. Our specially designed Bariatric Adcuff™ is designed for use with most manual sphygmomanometers.
This Bariatric Cuff provides a cost-effective solution to the challenges of measuring blood pressure on severely obese or bariatric patients. Large adult cuffs are too small in many cases, while thigh cuffs are too wide to fit on the upper arm of all but the tallest patients. Measurement is further complicated by the conical shape of a bariatric patient’s upper arm, making it virtually impossible to obtain a proper fit. One solution — measurement on the forearm — is tricky at best, and many practitioners don’t have the training or experience with this technique.
The Bariatric Adcuff™ solves all these problems by allowing manual measurement on the upper arm in patients with a limb circumference from 44-66 cm. The Bariatric Adcuff™ provides the limb range of our thigh cuff with the narrower width of our large adult cuff. Its radically curved shape allows for a snug fit on even the most conically shaped upper arms. See tabs for more information.
- ADC’s exclusive Adcuff™ nylon cuff featuring the Size Guide™ marking system
- Custom-sized inflation bladder with one 50cm and one 25cm tube (not made from natural rubber latex)
- Curved design provides a better fit on conically shaped bariatric arms
- Fits limbs with a circumference of 44cm to 66cm
- Adflow™ over-sized bulb and valve (#872LN) with filter screen protection allows for faster inflation of the larger cuff
- For use with most aneroid or mercurial blood pressure instruments (not for use with NIBP unless they offer a manual mode, such as our ADView 2 or e-sphyg 2)
- Luer Connector (#891F) included with the inflation system (865 series)
- Three-year warranty
- Meets or exceeds ANSI/AAMI/ISO 81060-1
Available Options Sold Separately:
- ADC Bariatric Cuff, One (1) Tube: 845-12BXBD-1
- ADC Bariatric Cuff, Two (2) Tubes: 845-12BXBD-2
- ADC Inflation System, 865-12BXBD
Note: Available in Burgundy (BD) only.